Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe for pasta that is fast to make and is very delicious. No need to fuss or hours of preparing in only minutes you will be ready to serve.
- 3 large tomatoes (not very ripe)
- 1 cup tuna in vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sliced black olives
- 1 cup artichoke heart, may do without if not available (in oil)
- grated romano cheese or parmigiano
- 3 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 (450 g) box penne
- Dice the tomatoes into little cubes about ½ inch in size or smaller. And place them in a bowl.
- Open the can of tuna remove the oil and place the tuna in the bowl with the diced tomatoes.
- Peel the cloves of garlic and also place them in the bowl with the tomatoes and the tuna.
- Add in the bowl also the black sliced olives and the artichoke hearts (they should also be diced).
- Add some olive oil to the mixture ( the quantity is up to you regarding your personal preference, however the olive oil should blend well with all the ingredients in the bowl). Use good olive oil,.
- Let this mixture sit while you cook the pasta.
- Boil your water adding some salt if you prefer or not if you don’t use salt. Let the pasta cook until it is “al dente” which is usually 12 minutes. Read directions of the package.
- Once the pasta is cooked strain it well and place the pasta in a large pasta bowl.
- Mix the ingredients with the pasta take care to mix it well.
- Place the pasta on plates ready to serve and only then must you put the Romano cheese or the Parmigiano cheese on the pasta.
- Your done enjoy a nice serving of pasta which is light and tastes great.
- Cicari says Enjoy.