Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This light recipe comes from Cooking Light. Be sure to save some of your water when you drain the pasta to use if your cooling pasta clumps together. I would imagine you could use regular cherry tomatoes if you can't find the yellow tear-drops but the different colors would be very pretty. Cooking time does not include time to cook pasta.
- 9 ounces pappardelle pasta (wide ribbon pasta)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tear-drop yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups arugula, loosely packed, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cook pasta according to the package directions omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, cook 45 seconds or jusst until heated, stirring gently. Be careful not to overcook. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and salt.
- Combine the warm pasta, arugula and warm tomato mixture in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Top with cheese and bacon.