Recipe by BluejeanBaby
This makes an extremely impressive Brunch. Play around with it. Any fruit could be used. I used Missy Wombat's Hokey Pokey recipe to start with, it's very quick to make, but you could buy honeycomb if you can find it. You'd need about 5 or six bars I think. If you can't get Golden Syrup try Molasses and a half a teaspoon of vanilla. This took a bit of preparation the night before, but it was very very pleasing)
- 1 cup chocolate-coated honeycomb candy (Without the Chocolate coating!!! I made 1 batch of MissyWombat's Hokey Pokey to be precise, Crushed)
- 25 g butter (maybe 50 grams, less is more)
- 1 cup cherries (or some other fab fruit about 1-2 cups)
- 4 bananas (1 per person)
- 12 pancakes (3 per serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before: Make a batch of Hokey Pokey, break it up once set, place in a bag and crush with a rolling pin. Soften butter and fold into the crushed Hokey Pokey. Refrigerate in dollops. (dessertspoonfuls).
- Fruit: I hand pitted cherries, placed them off the heat into a little boiling water, topped them with sugar to taste and left them to sit til cool stirring a couple of times. (keeps the flavour better than putting them on the heat directly) You could use tinned mandarins or something exotic and colourful. I think fresh fruit is best. Strawberries would be great. Pears would taste wonderful in spiced wine wouldn't they? Options endless, just make it look fabulous! Serve at room temperature.
- Pancakes: Make your own favourite recipe, they should be fluffy and stackable. i made slightly smaller ones so my towers pyramided.
- Bananas: Slice a whole Banana in half lengthways then in half the otherway. Lightly pan cook on butter round side to the pan.
- Plate up: Pancake, two pieces of banana one - two dollops of Hokey Pokey Butter. Repeat twice, topping with another dollop of hokey pokey butter.
- Reheat the lot just to melt butter a bit in the microwave, Garnish plate with your lightly stewed fab fruit and a whole fresh uncooked fruit or a slice, of what you have used if you wish.
- Serve with hot coffee and loads of love.
- Enjoy all the Ooohs and Ahhs.