Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a local newspaper.
- 16 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (to taste)
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Drain orzo; add to bowl and stir well.
- Serve at room temperature.
Lovely! This was such a treat tonight. I really loved ALL of the additions to the orzo. I as a bit worried about the vinegar, but it worked beautifully with the olive oil. My favorite additions were the capers and kalamatas. I can't wait to have this for lunch tomorrow! ~Made for Zee Zesties during the ZWT6~
Loved this salad! The only thing I did different was I toasted the pine nuts without adding any oil to them....I will make this again...plus it's good at room temp and cold.