The basis for this recipe is a recipe in the July 2005 issue of Sunset Magazine. I've modified the dressing to use bottled dressing to make it even simpler. Great for picnics and potlucks. ***Great presentation when layered unmixed in a large glass bowl.*** Can be made vegetarian depending on dressing.
- Cook Orzo as directed; rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Prepare beans as directed for microwave (3.5 to 4.5 mins); rinse with cold ice water to retain color and stop cooking, until beans are cold then drain well.
- Husk corn, rinse, and holding cobs upright, cut kernals off into deep bowl (cut kernals close to cob).
- In large wide bowl, mix Orzo with 1/2 cup of dressing.
- Spread pasta level and begin layering corn, green beans, and tomatoes.
- Just prior to serving, pour 3/4 of dressing over salad and mix gently if desired. (Add more dressing, salt/pepper to taste).