1/3 Photos of Summer Orzo Salad
The basis for this recipe is a recipe in the July 2005 issue of Sunset Magazine. I've modified the dressing to use bottled dressing to make it even simpler. Great for picnics and potlucks. ***Great presentation when layered unmixed in a large glass bowl.*** Can be made vegetarian depending on dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook Orzo as directed; rinse with cool water and set aside.
- 2Prepare beans as directed for microwave (3.5 to 4.5 mins); rinse with cold ice water to retain color and stop cooking, until beans are cold then drain well.
- 3Husk corn, rinse, and holding cobs upright, cut kernals off into deep bowl (cut kernals close to cob).
- 4In large wide bowl, mix Orzo with 1/2 cup of dressing.
- 5Spread pasta level and begin layering corn, green beans, and tomatoes.
- 6Just prior to serving, pour 3/4 of dressing over salad and mix gently if desired. (Add more dressing, salt/pepper to taste).
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bernsteins light fantastic cheese fantastico salad dressing