Recipe by ellie_
Simple salad is wonderful by itself or with some tuna for a simple salad lunch. Recipe being submitted for RSC7 as a salad entree.
Top Review by Boomette
DH raved about this recipe. He liked it so much. I told him to keep a serving for me. I enjoyed it a lot. I'll have to do it again. I omitted the green beans. Thanks ellie :) Made for Rookie tag game
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook psta in boiling water for five minutes, add green beans to pasta and cook for 5 minutes longer. Drain. Put pasta and green beans in salad bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
- Add green pepper, capers, garlic and olives to pasta and toss.
- Add tomatoes and feta chesse and toss.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- ***This makes a good salad lunch when tossed with 1 small can (6 1/2 ounces) white tuna (drained and flaked).