Simple salad is wonderful by itself or with some tuna for a simple salad lunch. Recipe being submitted for RSC7 as a salad entree.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook psta in boiling water for five minutes, add green beans to pasta and cook for 5 minutes longer. Drain. Put pasta and green beans in salad bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
- Add green pepper, capers, garlic and olives to pasta and toss.
- Add tomatoes and feta chesse and toss.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- ***This makes a good salad lunch when tossed with 1 small can (6 1/2 ounces) white tuna (drained and flaked).
DH raved about this recipe. He liked it so much. I told him to keep a serving for me. I enjoyed it a lot. I'll have to do it again. I omitted the green beans. Thanks ellie :) Made for Rookie tag game
Really simple to put together, and it held up great when I made it the day before and refrigerated overnight. I chopped and added the tomatoes right before serving. I didn't add the tuna, but will try that next time. Guests and DH went back for seconds!
This salad was refrigerated overnight and enjoyed by my family the next day. When preparing this recipe I used the red wine vinegar and did add tuna packed in water. Feta cheese is not a favorite of mine so I did use it sparingly.