1/1 Photo of Summer Orzo Salad
Simple salad is wonderful by itself or with some tuna for a simple salad lunch. Recipe being submitted for RSC7 as a salad entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Cook psta in boiling water for five minutes, add green beans to pasta and cook for 5 minutes longer. Drain. Put pasta and green beans in salad bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
- 2Add green pepper, capers, garlic and olives to pasta and toss.
- 3Add tomatoes and feta chesse and toss.
- 4Refrigerate before serving.
- 5***This makes a good salad lunch when tossed with 1 small can (6 1/2 ounces) white tuna (drained and flaked).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.2
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 675.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g