Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful with a summertime BBQ! This needs to chill for 2 hours before serving. I have even added in 2 firm chopped tomatoes JUST before serving. Double up on the ingredients to feed a crowd!
- 3 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup cucumber, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped (can use red onions, chopped)
- 2 cups feta cheese (crumbled into big chunks)
- 1 cup olive (sliced, and use black olives)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or to taste, can also use 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together; toss well to combine (adjusting seasonings to suit taste).
- Mix in mayonnaise, adding in more to taste.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
Surprisingly good. It's quite filling and I ate it as a meal on its own.
I doubled this for a party. It was quick and easy to make and tasted nice and light. I added red bell pepper for some crunch, we were out of lemons so I added some red wine vinegar and only about 1 cup of mayo for the double recipe. Everybody enjoyed it and went back for seconds! Thanks for the great recipe.
This is GREAT! I'm not sure if I was supposed to start with 3 1/4 cups of uncooked orzo or end up with that amount of it cooked but I used 1 1/2 cups of dried orzo which seemed to more than double after cooking it. I kept the other amounts the same and it turned out perfect. I subbed cilantro for the parsley. Both my Mother and Husband raved about it and they don't do that with very many recipes. I would like to try this with crunchy bell peppers added. Made for Zaar Tag.