Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice light change to oatmeal. This is so good I even eat it for lunch!
Make and share this Summer Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, raspberries, etc)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- mix all ingredients, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold, with milk if desired.
Fantastic! I added wheat flakes and some frozen berries as well. I really enjoy it as a dessert and breakfast.
I just tried this for breakfast. It was wonderful!! It wasn't what I expected, but then, I don't know what I quite expected. I like oatmeal but I get tired of the "same old thing" This is delightfully different and it lends itself to endless possibilities - different flavors of yogurt, different spices, etc. Thank you for a great new way to enjoy breakfast. I will be making this a lot more.
I'm loving this. I don't use the cinnamon or nuts, but I think that it would probably taste great with those as well.