Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 large green tomatoes
- 8 large sour apples
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup molasses
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb seedless raisin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- Core the tomatoes and apples, but do not peel.
- Put both through the food chopper and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a large kettle and mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil and keep boiling for 5 minutes.
- Immediately put into jars and seal.
- This is ready to use as pie filling.