Recipe by Ronbiz
A true delight served in a large glass, similar to what you might get at a great Mexican restaurant off the beaten path. Quality ingredients are the key. Costco has a shrimp marinated with cilantro that make this recipe super EASY. This is super for a party you can put all the ingredients in and hand them out. (to serve immediately you should use pre marinated shrimp)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, to large
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, prefer organic
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro (pull out the stems and chop up the leaves)
- 3 limes
- 1 cucumber, diced
- sea salt and pepper
- 12 ounces orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 4 Pint size beer glasses or mugs.
- Load each with Shrimp to cover just under 1/2 the mug.
- Add catchup to each.
- add 1/2 avocado to each cup.
- add 1/4 of the onion, cilantro, cucumber,.
- Squeeze the juice of a half of each lime into each glass.
- I like to cut a little bit of the lime pulp to put in each.
- shake of salt and pepper into each glass.
- add some OJ to each glass to get them to about 1/2 inch from the top. Gently stir until mixed.
- Take remaining lime and quarter to put on the top of each glass.
- BEST option refrigerate for 1 hour and serve. (note to spice up add one shake of tobasco to each.).