Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in a Schwan's food catalog and I tried it. We all loved it and the beauty of it is that you can add your own tastes to it or leave some out...whatever floats your boat..lol. I have made it with half mayonnaise and half miracle whip because my son loves miracle whip and we don't. The recipe is versatile and very good. Total time of 40 minutes includes chilling time.
- 4 cups sweet corn, drained and chilled (I have used the canned mexicorn a couple of times for that real southwest flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup crushed chili cheese flavor lay's Fritos corn chips
- Combine corn, peppers, onion, celery, cheese and mayonnaise.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Stir in crushed chips, diced tomatoes and avocado just prior to serving.
This made a delicious lunch! I did scale the recipe back a bit, using one ear of fresh corn. Yum! Thanks for posting! :)