Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so refreshing. I found this in the Ladies Home Journal (Aug 2010) Can use cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, crenshaw. I put in some pitted bing cherries. Sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead and chilled. It takes about 8 lbs of assorted mellons.
- 1 cup light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups watermelon balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 cups honeydew balls
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut (lightly toasted)
- In a small saucepan over meduim heat.
- combine coconut milk.
- and sweetened condensed milk.
- bring to a simmer and.
- cook whisking often, until thick.
- about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool
- add vanilla extract.
- Divide mellon among bowls.
- serve with sauce and coconut.