Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
so easy to make and so refreshing on a hot summer day!
- 2 cups cubed summer melon (such as watermelon, honeydew or cantaloupe)
- 1 cup ice cube, crushed (5 to 7 regular cubes)
- 2 -3 tablespoons powdered sugar, if desired
- Place ice cubes in heavy-duty plastic bag and pound with mallet or hammer until coarsely crushed.
- In blender, combine melon, ice and powdered sugar. Cover; blend until almost smooth.
Simple and yummy. For variation, try adding a tiny bit of coconut milk or lime juice. By itself it is a tiny bit sweet but not too sugary. Good treat any time of day.
This was amazingly delicious considering how simple it was to make. I used cantaloupe and it came out perfect--frothy and sweet.
What a delightful way to enjoy your melon in the morning! I made this using cantaloupe and it is absolutely delicious! Quick, easy to prepare and very satisfying : ) Thanks for sharing your recipe, Mel!