Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Oooohhh so cool & refreshing for long hot humid afternoons when it is almost too much to turn the page... make about 12 hours before drinking or the day before to allow the flavors to marry. Gleaned from the Hartford Courant
- 750 ml white wine (such as dry Riesling)
- 3 teaspoons Midori melon liqueur
- 2 cups watermelon, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, and stir, crushing some of the fruit with a spoon.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight to let the flavors marry before serving.
- Use within 4 days of making (like this would be a problem!).
- Serve over ice, including some of the fruit.
Light and refreshing! We enjoyed it along with a southwest meal on the 4th of July. I used Pinot Grigio as the wine and doubled the recipe for a group. Really pretty in the pitcher and the glass!
Oh, wow!! This is completely delicious and very unique. I was pleasantly surprised that you could actually taste each of the three fruits and the small amount of Midori. All the flavors meld perfectly and the presentation is just beautiful. A must try. ETA: The first day we drank this after about 7 hours and it was perfect. We had what was left 24 hours later, and the lime rind had taken over all the flavors - I would recommend removing the limes if you let it sit for 24 hours.