Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely, refreshing summer salad for the lighter side.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, small
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, preferably fresh
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- Combine Lemon French Dressing and chill. (Note: If you have no liquid honey, 2 tablespoons fine granulated white sugar may be substituted.).
- Wash and dry lettuce and tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove rind of melons and cut into very thin wedges.
- Arrange melon wedges, celery, and cucumbers nicely on the lettuce. Cover tightly.
- Note: 2 tablespoons of fine granulated white sugar may be substituted for the honey.
- Fresh lemon wedges are a nice garnish to this salad.