Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Like Grandma Used To Make by Reader's Digest, c. 1996.
- 1⁄2 small cantaloupe, seeded
- 1⁄3 small honeydew melon, seeded
- 1 pint strawberry, halved
BERRY HONEY DRESSING
- 1 3⁄4 cups strawberries, quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Prepare Berry Honey Dressing. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the salad. Peel the cantaloupe and honeydew melon; cut into thin wedges.
- To serve, arrange cantaloupe, honeydew and strawberries on salad plate. Drizzle the dressing over fruit.
I made the salad without any substitutions, and this was a very refreshing salad. I had it for a light lunch, but it would a great breakfast dish or a nice side dish at dinner. I thought the lemon juice really complemented the berry honey dressing, and will keep this salad recipe for future use. Thanks NELady. Made for ZWT5. Yum!
Kept the honeydew and used banana instead of the cantaloupe and strawberries for the body of the salad. Then used about a quarter cup of raspberry jam instead of the berries in the dressing. We ALL declared this to be a 10-star recipe! My DD thought we could use this dressing mix on another fruit salad that we make often on Saturday mornings. Definitely a KEEPER!! *ZWT 5 Groovy GastroGnomes* gallivanting the globe with our taste-buds!