Recipe by NELady
From Like Grandma Used To Make by Reader's Digest, c. 1996.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
I made the salad without any substitutions, and this was a very refreshing salad. I had it for a light lunch, but it would a great breakfast dish or a nice side dish at dinner. I thought the lemon juice really complemented the berry honey dressing, and will keep this salad recipe for future use. Thanks NELady. Made for ZWT5. Yum!
- 1⁄2 small cantaloupe, seeded
- 1⁄3 small honeydew melon, seeded
- 1 pint strawberry, halved
BERRY HONEY DRESSING
- 1 3⁄4 cups strawberries, quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind