Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Terrific meatloaf. I like it because it makes me eat zucchini (sp).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (I typically use yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Shape into loaf in a 9x4 jellyroll pan (you can use cooking spray on it so it comes out easier if you like).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until beef no longer pink.
I have made this a few times and it always turns out great. I like that you can add various veggies based on what you have on hand and it still turns out yummy. I usually add 1 tsp. salt and extra garlic.