Recipe by constanceedwards
This is a very quick, elegant supper dish. Serve with a salad and crostini, a nice light white wine (despite being beef based, white goes well with this) and enjoy! I invented this out of my fridge contents and pantry. Serves 4.
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 8 ounces pasta
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning (I use Penzey's Tuscan Sunset)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Start water boiling for pasta.
- Peel onion and slice longitudinally.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half.
- Slice zucchini in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Add onions, zucchini, mushrooms, olive oil, herbs, tomatoes, garlic to large, deep saute pan and saute over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add meatballs. Cook 7 minutes or until hot.
- Boil pasta until slightly more than al dente.
- Add cooked pasta to saute pan and combine.
- Crumble goat cheese over mixture.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over finished dish and serve.