Recipe by KarlaOregon
Great side dish for a BBQ-My DH loves this salad!
Top Review by personalchef
This is so different than the way I have always made mac salad. It is beautitul in the bowl and delicious. I had to use fresh red onion as I didn't have onion flakes. I used about 3 T finely chopped. Thanks for this great recipe that will become a BBQ staple for the summer.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb salad macaroni
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 4 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 3⁄4 cup diced sweet gherkin
- 1⁄3 cup minced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo, dried onion, mustard, sweet pickle juice.
- Next toss sweet pickles, celery, green pepper, eggs, peas with macaroni.
- Add mayo mixture, mix well.
- Fold in cheddar cheese cubes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Stir before serving, enjoy!