Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was surprised not to see this salad already posted on Zaar. We really enjoy this salad, especially in the summertime, and have been making it for about 20 years. I hope you like it too!
- 1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups thin sliced cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups albacore tuna, flaked (or 2 cups cooked salad shrimp.)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
- Combine cooked pasta, cucmbers, tomatoes, tuna, celery and onion in large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and Italian dressing and add to salad.
- Add dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill well.
I used canned chicken as that was what I had on hand. Really enjoyed the dill in this sald. Makes a lot and is a nice change from the normal macaroni salad..
WOW! This is a bit different than the summer pasta salad I regularly make but it went over like a bulldozer this weekend. I love the taste of dill in the salad. Unsure of Dh and the rest of the gang but they inhaled it! I used medium shells as opposed to large as that is on hand at the cottage. It was a clean up weekend from the storms and tornado mess so all the workers were thrilled to not have to go and make anything. Served with hamburgers. I will dfinitely make this again as a change from the recipe I have used more than 30 years. (passed down from MIL) Made for the Shady Ladies ZWT2011.
Excellent salad with a wonderful flavor! Made for ZWT 7, Count Dracula and his Hot Bites.