Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Orlando Sentinel
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons freshly minced Italian parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb angel hair pasta or 1 lb linguine, cooked
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add tomatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Sauté for a minute or so, and then add the garlic, being careful not to burn.
- Add wine and the stock; simmer 5 minutes. Add the olives and capers and check for seasoning, adjusting if necessary. Simmer another few minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in the basil, parsley, lemon, and butter. Remove from heat.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and add to the sauce. Toss to evenly distribute the olives and tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and garnish with black pepper and fresh basil and parsley if desired.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.