Recipe by COSMOCHEF
I love to eat them in the summer. It's a delicious, cold summer dessert. olive oil and rice goes very well with leeks. And it is very easy to do also:)
- 1 kg leek, dark green parts removed, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the leeks as you wish, I cut it 1 inch usually.
- Put the leeks and carrots in the saucepan and saute until they soften.
- Add 1,5 cup of water and the rice, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- put the lid and let it simmer until the leeks are well cooked.
- let it cool befor you serve.