1/1 Photo of Summer in a Bowl Aka Grilled Veggies Pasta
Mama Cee Jay's Note:
DD and I created this dish on a wonderful summer afternoon after shopping at the market. This pasta can be served warm, room temperature or cold. It is perfect for taking to a summer picnic.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large sweet onion, halved
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, chunks, not shredded (do not substitute)
- 1 lb pasta (I used medium seashells)
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat gas grill to medium high. Place prepared veggies on perforated grilling pan which has been brushed with olive oil. Grill veggies for 5 minutes, turning once during this time.
- 2Remove veggies from grill and allow to slightly cool. Remove charred skin from tomatoes and peel garlic cloves, but do not peel other veggies. Chop all the vegetables and place into large bowl and combine with olive oil. Add chunks of fresh mozzarella. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and immediately combine with veggies and cheese mixture. Add basil leaves. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Serve when desired- immediately, a little later or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer in a Bowl Aka Grilled Veggies Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 20.9 g