Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe is from the Scandinavian Cooking cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 4 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops in butter, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove pork chops from skillet.
- Add apples, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, and curry powder to skillet. Arrange browned chops over apple layer.
- Cover and bake for 30 miutes or until chops are tender and apple layer is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, stir melted butter into breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over baked chops.
- Bake uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crumbs are crisp and brown.