Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This lite and delicious salad is great in a toasted pita, with crackers, or over mixed greens. Easy and colorful, this is a sure hit at any summer picnic or party.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, can use frozen
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh diced strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup light honey mustard dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard, condiment sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Steam sugar snap peas (or microwave if using frozen), drain and set aside.
- Boil rice throughly, drain and set aside.
- Prepare shrimp and dry throughly. Cut any larger pieces into smaller bits.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the liquid ingredients, adding a dash of salt and pepper.
- Open and drain the can of corn, add to the liquids.
- Add shrimp and rice, mix throughly.
- Slowly fold in strawberries, peas and dried basil.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Serve cold in toasted pitas or rolls, with crackers, or over mixed greens.
Wow, colorful and yummy! This makes a huge batch and it was quickly eaten up!