Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by QuirkyMelma
I liked the recipe and mine turned out delicious but I changed up the recipe a bit. From another recipe I saw rosemary which is what taste I was going for and added dried rosemary leaves and minced fresh garlic to the herb mixture in the olive oil. Also rather than using all veggies, I only had red potatoes. I roasted the chicken first and then added the potatoes with whole cloves of garlic cut up and made another batch of herbs and olive oil to add to the potatoes. I think I ended up cooking it longer because the potatoes didn't want to cook fully but I had enough to serve with dinner. My husband loved it and asked me if I was feeling ok since I never cook. He reminded me of what my mother always says about me "when she puts her mind to it, she does very well." It was nice to sit down and eat all that I had cooked because it turned out so delicious. Thank you for getting me started.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 6 new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Grate 1 t.
- lemon peel from lemon; add peel to oil mixture.
- Cut lemon into fourths; place in cavity of chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side up on rack in shallow roasting pan; brush oil mixture on chicken.
- Roast uncovered 45 minutes in 375 degree oven.
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, and green beans around chicken; brush chicken and vegetables with oil mixture; roast uncovered 30-45 minutes or until juice of chicken runs clear.
- Remove lemon and discard.
- Place chicken on platter; arrange vegetables around chicken; serve with pan drippings.