Recipe by twissis
*Sommerlicher Krauter-Dip* in German, this recipe is from *Modern German Food* by Roz Denny. A colorful veggie mixture including cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, radishes, yellow & green bell pepper sticks & young celery stalks was suggested to accompany this herbed dip. *Enjoy* !
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
This recipe is perfectly named -- it tastes like summer! Such a fresh flavour. I was amazed to find quark for the first time ever in an Australian supermarket, so I went looking for things to make with it. I had fresh parsley and mint on hand, but used dried dill, Greek yogurt (nothing low-fat about that) and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin. I buzzed it all up in the food processor and because it was still quite thick I added another 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Served with celery and carrots sticks.
- 250 g Quark (may use cream cheese per Note #1)
- 140 g low-fat yogurt (see Note #2)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (chopped, may use coriander)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix quark & yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add next 7 ingredients (garlic thru lemon juice).
- Mix well, taste & season w/salt & pepper to pers pref. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hrs b4 serving.
- NOTE #1: I confess I have not used Quark as an ingredient & do not know if I can get it here in Iceland. However, Roz said "Quark makes a quick light dip & has fewer calories than richer cream cheese." Taking this cue from her, my assumption is cream cheese may be used as an alternative to quark.
- NOTE #2: As written the recipe offered a choice of using single cream OR low-fat yogurt. I opted for the latter, but the former may be your choice. Feel free. :-).