Recipe by jennifer in new jersey
Very tasty chili with a few ingredients not usually found in chili. I have never ever measured so everything is approximate, but this recipe lends itself to taste so it is very flexible. I have only used ground dark turkey meat but I am sure other white meat would do as well. I find that you don't need to cook the ear of corn, as it cooks while simmering, so just cut it from the cob raw. Hope it works for you.
Top Review by MechanicalJen
All the makings of a fun, interesting chili.
I left out the israeli couscous - I'm not a fan of it. Otherwise, I mostly stuck to the proportions and ingredients listed. Very good!
Next time I'd omit the mushrooms (seems odd in chili) and amp up some of the other ingredients (namely corn and onion).
- 1 lb organic ground dark turkey meat
- 2 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup undrained dark red kidney beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped with peel on
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄3 cup israeli couscous, uncooked
- 1 ear of corn, on the cob kernels removed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bermuda onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes