Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super end of summer veggie bake, a great recipe to use up all those leftover veggies. Although I have never try this, I am sure that this could be made into a vegatarian dish, just by adjusting a few milk ingredients.
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into small florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli floret (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch thyme (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- set oven to 350 degrees.
- butter a medium-size baking dish.
- Steam or cook cauliflower and broccoli until firm-tender; drain and set aside.
- saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- stir in tomatoes, seasonings, cauliflower and broccoli.
- cook uncovered, until heated through, around 4-5 minutes.
- remove from heat, and set adide.
- in a bowl, beat eggs and cream; stir in 1 cup swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, and the veggie mixture.
- transfer to the greased baking dish.
- sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for approx.
- 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle, comes out clean.
With a few differences, this was just published in our local paper! I used 5 cups cauliflower, 4 cups broccoli, and 2 tomatoes. I also added 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, and skipped the butter. I just sauteed the onion and garlic in some nonstick cooking spray. I substituted egg beaters for the eggs. It was quite tasty.