Recipe by Barb G.
This is called summer harvest Chicken because California grows the chicken, prunes, apricots and olives, where the recipe come from. Mix them all together and enjoy. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces spanish green olives
- 7 ounces dried apricots
- 1 cup dried plum (prunes)
- 4 tablespoons capers, with a little juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in large bowl with garlic, olives, apricots, dried plums, capers, vinegar, oil, bay leaves, and oregano.
- Cover; chill overnight, stirring once.
- Arrange chicken in glass baking pan (use 2, if necessary); spoon marinade over top.
- Pour wine over top; sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bake, at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until done.
- Using slotted spoon transfer chicken, apricots, prunes, and olives to serving platter.
- Spoon several tablespoons of sauce over top; sprinkle with parsley.