Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A summer delight for us modifed from the Veggie Life recipe. Supper tonight and got a five star from the Other Half Fast and easy on a hot summer day.
- 8 tortillas
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 4 small zucchini or 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- original Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup soy cheese
- 8 tablespoons salsa
- Take roasting ear in husk and microwave in husk for 5 minutes. When cool slice the corn from the ear.
- Mix with the other ingredients and Mrs. Dash [your choice of flavor] then place on tortilla top with sprinkle of cheese and top with tbsp of your favorite salsa.
- Place in microwave and melt the cheese. About 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve up.
- Notes: Vegans use your favorite soy cheese or simply omit. Use your favorite salsa. I used a tomato based one. Works with flour or corn tortillas. You can omit the zucchini without a problem. If you aren't Vegetarian you could throw in leftover grilled meat. Works with Mexican blend of cheese and other cheeses. You can also toss in some garden fresh lettuce such as red leaf lettuce.