Recipe by Hope's in the kitchen
This super quick meal that shines a light on some of favorite summer goodies the corn really pops next to the cheese tortellini and the salty jolt of prosciutto. I've also substituted the prosciutto for smoked turkey and in a pinch and it still tastes good. -- This is modified from Gourmet magazine 2007 issue.
- 1 (8 ounce) containerof whole wheat cheese tortellini
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups corn (from 4 ears)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to directions
- While tortellini boils, cook garlic, prosciutto, corn, 1/2 t salt & 1/4 t pepper, in butter/oil mix in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until corn is just tender, (4-5 min).
- Meantime, chop tomatoes add to pan and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserve 1/4 cup of cooking liquid and add to vegetables along with water and basil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.