Recipe by Bev
I just love this is wonderful quick to serve pasta dish! Use your abundance of summer vegetables from your garden or local Farmer's Market! -- Adapted from Gourmet Magazine, August 2007 edition.
Top Review by flower7
Yummy! I made a half recipe because that's what I had ingredients for. The only change I made was to use frozen corn. I also skipped the parmesan as it didn't need it for my taste. This made for a super quick and tasty dinner. Thanks for the recipe Bev!
- 16 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 cups corn (about 4 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini in a pasta pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions.
- While tortellini boils, cook garlic, prosciutto, corn, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until corn is just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine corn mixture and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Reserve 1/4 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain tortellini and add to vegetables along with reserved cooking water and basil.
- Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan if desired.