Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe source: realtor's flyer
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fava beans, shelled
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh chervil, chopped
- 8 ounces asparagus, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb peas, shelled
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- tarragon vinegar
- In a pot with 3 quarts of water - bring water to a boil and add beans and cook for one minute. Remove beans with slotted spoon -- reserving water in the pot. Rinse beans and then remove the outer skins.
- Place beans in a large bowl tossing them with onion, olive oil and chervil.
- Return water to a boil.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables and add to boiling water, along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook for one minute or until done. Drain in colander, shaking off excess water.
- Add vegetables to beans/onions, toss.
- Season with salt (if desired), pepper and vinegar.
This was real easy to put together and was real nice. there was a nice mix of colour and texture.