Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple salad that will make a wonderful addition to any meal or by itself for lunch. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1985)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups yellow wax beans or 2 cups green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths and blanched
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 bunch watercress, stemmed and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 16 radishes, sliced
- In a jar blend vinegar, mustard and garlic. Whisk in oil and season with salt and pepper. Shake well.
- In a large salad bowl combine vegetables (beans - radishes).
- Add dressing and toss.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
This is a BEAUTIFUL and HEALTHY salad! I really liked the mix of vegetables which stayed fresh for a long time in the fridge. I used fresh raw green beans. The watercress is especially special in this. My only disappointment was the dressing...I found it oily and flavorless. Next time I will make my own with some fresh herbs and change the ratio of oil to vinegar.
This made a wonderful lunch for me the other day. It was easy to put together and the taste is delicious. I will make again! Thanks, ellie!