Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A family favorite and something I make often once our garden is ready to harvest.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cutn into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 3 medium Japanese eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with juices
- 1 envelope knorr tomato basil soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to an ovenproof dutch oven; let oil get hot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion; stir and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add in the bell pepper, eggplant, and zucchini; cook and stir often for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the tomatoes, soup mix, and herbs; stir to combine.
- Lower heat to medium-low; simmer vegetables until juices have evaporated, 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheeses over the top; place pan under a preheated broiler until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately; I usually serve over rice, orzo, or couscous.