Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe I found in the newspaper. Vegetarians can omit the meat. (Prep time is approximate)
Make and share this Summer Garden Medley Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large potatoes, partially boiled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb browned hamburger or 1⁄2 lb sausage (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 ounces red wine
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
- Parboil potatoes and set aside.
- Place oil in large frying pan and fry onions and peppers for five minutes.
- Add water and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring to combine well.
- Can be served alone or over rice or noodles.
- (Vegetarians can omit the meat).