Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I got this recipe from LoversDream, a Zaar chef, who gave me permission to post this. I did make some changes, but it tastes so fresh and there's that sweet vinegar flavor all through it.
Top Review by El Bee
This was a great combination of lightly dressed vegetables. I added some pasta noodles (cooked extra the night before) after draining the vegetables, and let the combination sit for an hour before serving for lunch. I left out the tomatoes and carrots (for no particular reason), and used a vidalia onion instead of the green onions. With a combination of purple and golden cauliflower, to go with the greens, reds, and whites--it was beautiful!
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, sliced into thin coins
- 1 large cucumbers or 2 small cucumbers
- 1⁄2-1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2-1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips and halved
- 2 green onions, chopped (whites and greens)
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all prepared vegetables in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, sugar, oil and water together.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and combine thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Drain and serve.