Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/4 c. Per serving: 380 calories, 7.9 g fat, 16.2 g protein, 63.7 g carb, 7.6 g fiber, 3 mg cholesterol.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup petite dry green lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups uncooked orecchiette (pasta)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 3⁄4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 t. dried)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 t. dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the vinaigrette: Add the first 7 ingredients to the container of a blender or food processor; process until well blended.
- To make the salad: Add the broth, lentils, and bay leaf to a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat; simmer 25 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Drain; rinse under cold water; drain.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting the salt and fat; drain and rinse under cold water, then drain again.
- Add lentils, pasta, zucchini, and remaining 11 ingredients to a mixing bowl; stir gently to combine.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat; adjust seasoning to taste and serve.