1/2 Photos of Summer Garden Crepes
Simple-to-make crepes makes excellent use of fresh-from-the-garden chives and scallions. Delicious served with yogurt of low-fat sour cream topped with additional chives for a low-cal lunch or with stir-fried shrimp and vegetables for lunch or dinner. Recipe originally printed in Garden Design (May 2003).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first five ingredients together (eggs-salt) in blender.
- 2Add flour and blend again for 10 seconds.
- 3Scrape down blender and blend again.
- 4Pour into bowl and set aside.
- 5Chop scallions and chives.
- 6Separate chive blossoms if using.
- 7Heat up small skillet and toast sesame seeds until cooked to desired color.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Heat corn oil in 9-inch skillet (or crepe pan).
- 10Spead the oil around using a paper towel to make sure it coats bottom well.
- 11When pan is hot (test with drops of water--if they sizzle it is hot) pour in 1/3 cup batter and swirl it around to coat bottom of pan.
- 12Sprinkle with scallions, chives, chive blossoms and sesame seeds.
- 13Cook crepe until golden on bottom, loosen with knife and flip over to cook other side (30 seconds).
- 14Put cooked crepe on plate, covering crepe (s) with towel while cooking remainder of crepes, stacking them on top of each other as they finish cooking.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Garden Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 353.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g