Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Betty Crocker Low Fat, Low Cholesterol Cooking
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- hot cooked rice
- Remove all visible fat from chicken; cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over med-high heat.
- Add in chicken, garlic, and gingerroot; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Add in onion carrots, ¾ cup chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar; cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in broccoli, mushrooms, and bell pepper; cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining ¼ cup broth; stir into chicken mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.
There's Bok Choy in the pic - but not in the recipe! Think this would have been better with some bok choy...the flavors are okay but not fantastic.
A wonderful, flavourful stir fry!! DH says the best ever!! I left out the sugar and added a tbspn of Hoisin sauce and didn't have mushrooms but did add baby and Shanghai bok choy and some grape tomatoes. Lovely and fragrant with the ginger while cooking. Thanks for posting, sure will be making this one again!!