Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A light Dessert. Recipe developed for RSC summer 2005.
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, coarsley chopped
- Pour cream into medium saucepan, split vanilla bean and add to cream. Slowly heat cream over low heat until just below the boiling point.
- Remove vanilla bean and reserve.
- Add chocolate, sugar and tahini to hot cream and stir until smooth, set aside.
- Scrape seeds from both halves of the vanilla bean, stir the seeds into the chocolate mixture.
- Clean and hull strawberries, halve them if large. Pare and cube the melon.
- Combine fruits and place in 6 serving dishes. Drizzle warm ganache over fruit. Sprinkle with a generous portion of chopped pistachios. Garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
VERY, VERY NICE! I especially liked the combo of strawberries, a nicely ripe & sweet cantaloupe & the pistachios! AND, of course, the chocolate! A GREAT FRUIT DISH, & a keeper, too! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
This was an usual twist on the common fruit salad. I used Homemade Tahini! for the tahini. There was so much ganache left over that I had enough to serve over ice cream the following evening. Thanks for creating this and good luck!