Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
My Husband and I created this recipe one night when we were in the mood for a light, fruity and summery side dish. What a good way to get your fruits and veggies in! (Note: The dressing is just the right amount of sweet and sour for our taste. If you prefer a less sour dressing, feel free to add 1 tbs. more of honey.)
- 6 cups field greens, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup radish, julienned
- 2 apples, unpeeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large salad serving bowl, toss together greens, apple slices, carrots, grapes and orange sections.
- Juice the lemon and lime into a small bowl. Add olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk together to form dressing.
- Pour dressing over fruit & greens mixture and toss.
- Serve immediately.