Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". This is a cookbook from Vicksburg, MS. This is an excellent dessert dish!
- 2 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- summer fruit
- summer berries
- Mix half and half, gelatin, and sugar.
- Heat in a double boiler, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and fold in sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour into stainless steel bowl and chill in an ice bath until mixture thickens.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve a dollop on top of individual dishes of any combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, and peaches.
We had this for dessert tonight on top of strawberries,blueberries and rasberries...all I gotta say is FABULOUS! It makes a lot though...hope it'll keep in the fridge for a while ;)