1/3 Photos of Summer Fruit Tartlets
Delicious little treats that are very flexible. From "Delicious Pastries" by Love Food. Preparation time doesn't include refrigerating the dough for 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1To make the dough, sift the flour and sugar into a bowl.
- 2Stir in the ground almonds.
- 3Add the butter and stir in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 4Add the egg yolk and milk and work in with a spatula, then mix with your fingers until the dough binds together.
- 5Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7On a flour counter roll out the dough and use it to line 12 deep tartlets or individiual bioche pans (can also use muffing pans if you can get it to form correctly).
- 8Prick the bottoms.
- 9Press a piece of foil into each tartlet, covering the edges, and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 10Remove the foil and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 11Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 12To make the filling, place the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and mix together.
- 13Place a spoonful of filling in each tart shell and arrange the fruit on top.
- 14Dust with sifted confectioners' sugar and serve.
- 15Tip #1: You can use store bought tart shells or phyllo dough if you wish (I would recommend following the instructions for cooking that come with the packages).
- 16Tip #2: You can substitute many different types of fillings, such as mousse, pudding, yogurt, etc.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Fruit Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: