Recipe by appetizerqueen
This is an easy, cheesecake-like tart. Makes a nice presentation. I vary the fruit I put on top. Blueberries and Strawberries make a great 4th of July dessert. Kiwi is also delicious and colorful.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whipped cream (whipped)
- fruit, to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir flour and brown sugar in bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly then knead until blended.
- Press mixture into a 10-inch tart dish.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- let it cool.
- Beat cream cheese until blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into crust. Chill until firm.
- Top with your favorite fruit.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Note; some fruits bleed their color so it is best to put the fruit on just before serving.