Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is nice refreshing dish to serve before a heavy meal or makes a great fruit dish for breakfast or brunch. This recipe comes from "Express Lane Diabetic Cooking" by Robyn Webb.
- 3 cups cut cantaloupe or 3 cups honeydew melon (I prefer to use half cantaloupe and half honeydew.)
- 1 cup quartered strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- fat free sour cream
- fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Top each serving with a dollop of fat-free sour cream and mint leaves.
Love how healthy this is. Have never had fruit soup before and found it both sweet and tangy. Love crystallized ginger and after trying the soup add just a little more. If you have never tried fruit soup before and are looking for a change to you normal morning fruit or a sweet and tangy dessert this is worth a try.
Made for ZWT4...This was wonderful!!! I had all the fruit on hand to make it so I threw it together. The kids and I loved it. I used cantaloupe since I cannot seem to pick out a good honeydew.
often make this type of dessert in the summer(I askip the ginger for myself-as Idon't like it)but use it for guests and the mint make it extra refreshing.As I have quite a few friends who are diabetic this is a great standby.