Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I wanted to make a fruit salad, but needed to use the fruits currently in season (and on sale). Strawberries are the only ingredient that *just* went out of season. Try to serve this the same day it's made, as the cherries tend to turn everything red after a while.
- 1 lb bing cherry, pitted and halved
- 1 lb green grape, halved
- 6 nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1 quart strawberry, capped and quartered
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 kiwi, peeled and and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 limes
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Wash and prepare all the fruit and place in to a large bowl.
- Zest the lime and place the zest into a small bowl.
- Mince basil leaves and add to the lime zest.
- Add the honey, the juice of both limes, and the Splenda to the mixture.
- Whisk together and pour over the fruit.
- Mix lightly and refrigerate at least an hour before serving, to allow the flavors to meld.