Recipe by AngelicFantasia
This is an easy way to dress up a plain fruit salad. The dressing is sweet/tart and really brightens the flavor of the fruit. This recipe comes from Cook's Illustrated.
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of, plus
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled and halved lengthwise (about 4 cups)
- 9 ounces large red seedless grapes or 9 ounces black grapes, halved (about 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer vinegar, wine, sugar, and salt in small, nonreactive saucepan over high heat until syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cloves, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla; steep 1 minute and strain.
- Combine strawberries and grapes in medium bowl; pour warm dressing over fruit and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover, refrigerate up to 4 hours, and serve, chilled.
- (add more sugar, if desired).